Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Name Design

This project, assigned on November 28, 2012, was by far one of my favorite and hardest ones.  With this lesson I learned about design and creativity and how to create shapes and designs with words. The steps were to sketch four thumbnail sketches, pick one, and create it on Adobe. The thumbnail sketch was to use our name to create an interesting design.  I chose a cross to represent me and my relationship with God. I used a lot of different colors fonts and words (words other then my name were for the base of the document and the outline of the cross).  I used sooo many fonts and colors.  It came out wonderful.  During the lesson, I wasn't sure what to do with the area surrounding the cross.  Then Ms. Neal gave me the idea of copy and pasting two smaller background crosses and with a light font that wouldn't distract from the original design, writing my name all over the background. It came out nicely and I was thankful for her help.  At the side of the crosses, it looks like my name is wings - which is pretty.  To me, having three crosses symbolizes when Jesus was at the cross and there were two other men on crosses with him. One even got saved (I forget if the other man got saved or not).  At the conclusion of my lesson, which took a long time due to indecisiveness on my part, my project was colorful, artsy, classy, pretty, great, and a representation of myself.  If I had more time, I would not change a thing. Another way we could learn about this lesson would be to do more typographical pieces. Ms. Neal already gave me suggestions on how to improve/finish my project and I used those suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment